Summer Program Aims to Provide Non-Business Majors with the Business Essentials Needed To Succeed in a Global Economy
WASHINGTON, DC – The Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute (CHLI) invites qualified Hispanic university students and recent graduates of arts and social sciences colleges, to apply for the CHLI-Tuck Business Bridge Program in Hanover, New Hampshire.
The Tuck Business Bridge Program is designed for non-business majors and is open to sophomores, juniors, seniors, and recent graduates. Students who are selected to the program will participate in a four-week career focused fast track to mastery of business essentials at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth. The rigorous integrated curriculum includes:
- Business essentials such as corporate finance, financial accounting, managerial economics, marketing, management communication, spreadsheet modeling, decision making, problem solving, and presentation skills
- Teamwork and leadership training emphasizing an intensive company-valuation project that culminates in presentations to industry executives and faculty
- Career guidance including coaching in interview techniques, networking skills, and resume preparation, all leading to various networking opportunities and a daylong Career Bridge event
Four students will be selected to participate in the program, financially backed by the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth and the Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute.
The application deadline is Monday, May 16, 2011. The program’s session is from July 18th-August 12th, 2011. Applications can be downloaded from the CHLI website at www.chli.org.
To apply, applicants must:
- U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents of Hispanic descent, enrolled in a four-year university, two-year college or recent college graduate
- Submit a completed application form, essay, resume, two letters of recommendation, and unofficial transcripts with SAT or TOEFL score.
Room & Board
For more information please contact Mari Cabrera, Director of Development and External Affairs, Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute at email@example.com or at 202-347-8280 Ext. 301.
The Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute (CHLI, pronounced “chili”) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization, based in Washington, D.C., that advances the diversity of thought in U.S. Hispanic community in the public, private, and non-profit sectors, as well as in the international community. For more information, please visit www.chli.org. You may also connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.